Friday, June 20, 2014

[Blab] Thoughts on 7 Days of Summer

I've just finished watching Nicole's episode of Secret Love, 7 Days of Summer.



This was a comedy, for the most part. I thought that worked well in Nicole's favor. We know her to be a very expressive personality and there were scenes that required that energy. She did a great job there.

I loved her English, that was a nice surprise.

I would like to point out there is a difference when watching the drama as a fan, who is familiar with Nicole, than someone who is not. As a fan, you probably did notice the similarities/quirks/characteristics between Melly and Nicole. It felt like some of the plot points might have even been based on Nicole's life. At times, there was some confusion  because I wasn't sure if it was Nicole or Melly crying. It made my viewing experience much more emotional.

Nicole's acting has improved immensely. Though I would like to stress that playing a character that falls in love with an alien that kidnapped her is kind of a difficult role to play. There were certain scenes that I felt were awkward but for the most part, her acting seem natural to me. She didn't have any distracting ticks.

I liked the scene where Melly and Taeyang argue after leaving the photo studio. Nicole acted well in that scene, especially because Melly was angry and upset. We aren't used to seeing Nicole in such a way.

Melly's conversation with her father got me teary.

Melly was forward in some scenes and it made me laugh.

Taeyang and Melly as lifelong friends have great chemistry. They bicker very well.

As romantic interests, that remains to be seen.. for me haha.


It was nice to see Nicole's acting since there was only Urakara for us to watch and her episode was somewhat strange lol.

So what are your thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. I thought she did a great job! Her acting has really improved! The only awkward part for me was the noises she made during one of the crying scenes, lol. Other than that I thought she was really natural and I'm proud of her. I hope to see her acting more someday. It'd be interesting to see how she does playing a character completely different from who she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep same here. She surprise me with this. I didn't thought she would act so well in summer love. I mean it's not those actress level of well but she did a really good job. Some of the part it still awkward but that was minimal. I'm proud of her. She express the hapiness, anger and sad just right. I especially loves her expression for the sad part, seing her tears naturally flows I even got teary at too and most of the time she awes me as she act so much better than what I expect.
    And as for her bias I think the kissing part, the lips to lips scene is so so so unnecessary T_ T it got nothing to do with the story line.
    Over all I love 7 days of summer the best out of three I had watch, the actress was awesomee XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know if there are any Korean articles about Kara's drama? I've just seen Hara articles due to her kiss scene. I want to know the reaction to Nicole's acting from Korean netizens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen articles mentioning about how the drama is airing. Nicole's episode has not aired yet in Korea so no Korean netizen reactions yet. I don't know if the drama is getting enough attention tbh to get reactions XD

      Delete
  4. Okay as someone that has watched hara and hammies episodes as well (and not because cole is my bias) but she absolutely killed it! Coles was def the best outta the 3 and her acting and confidence got soooo much better! I'll be honest..I was so worried about how Coles drama would be because of her lack of experience but her attitude and sass was so awesome and well done! Now that I've seen this drama I kinda want her to focus on acting a little but more as well as her singing and dancing (triple threat ftw!)..btw does anyone know the ost for this drama or at least the songs they played?

    ReplyDelete