Monday, December 21, 2015

[Interview] 15.12.20. Nicole transformed into 'Missionary for Small Businesses', "Misunderstandings about KARA has been resolved"

 

"Nicole, 와이니~ 꾸얼라이!" ← This is Chinese I think (t/n)

December 17th, Special Exhibition at Lotte Department Store in the northern Shenyang, Liaoning. It’s a weekday yet there are around 1000 of people. Part of them is looking from the 2nd and 3rd floor, tiptoeing while leaning on the railings. The fans enthusiasm who fired camera flashes, trying to not miss any movement from Hallyu Star ‘Nicole’. One Chinese fan is holding a placard with fluorescent color with words ‘Milky White ♥ Nicole’ in Korean, screamed out. There are some noticeable passionate fans from Japan too. This event, ‘Hallyu Star Fashion Beauty with Export Road Show’, managed by KOTRA looks like a fan concert by singer Nicole (25) who has been appointed as the ambassador for this event.

Nicole responded by taking poses one by one toward the fans. She made eye contact with all the fans who surrounded her.

Nicole entered the entertainment industry by debuting with KARA and left the group in 2014 and became solo singer. The results weren’t bad. Her first debut single in Japan ‘Something Special’ reached 8th place in the Weekly Oricon Single Chart and even reached 1st place in Tower Record K-Pop Single Weekly Chart. ‘Solo Singer’ Nicole is actively doing her activities.

On this day, the ambassador Nicole visited a rehabilitation center for the disable. She donated Hope Shirts that she signed herself, she kneeled and hugged autistic children. We can see her sincerity by looking at how comfortable she is during the ‘Hallyu Star’s Visit’ even though it is something that can easily become strange and awkward.

Nicole participated in the KOTRA ‘Great Chinese Region Hallyu Marketing Support’. It’s a campaign for 16 small businesses to introduce their products through PPL pictorial as well as a pop-up store.

Nicole’s special photo shoot will be published on the global K-Wave magazine Chinese edition, January 2016 issue.

We met with Nicole at the waiting room after all the events ended. As soon as I opened the door, I noticed right away Nicole’s playful side by how she sits on the chair, crossed her legs, and taking selcas. A cute girl full of smiles that was focused on taking selcas. That’s Nicole’s first impression. Even though it’s a sudden interview, Nicole welcomed us warmly like an old friend.

The interview with Nicole, an idol in her 8th year since debut, was bright and positive just like herself. It felt like when you were tired after a long day and met with your close friend and having chat with her.


Q:You received warm response from your recent solo activities in various Asia countries. Do you feel your popularity as a Hallyu Star in China?

A:"It’s my first time visiting Shenyang, China so I didn’t have any expectation. Before the event started, I saw that there are fans and that surprised me. There are lots of Japanese fans that I recognize from my long activities in Japan. Those people even came here. I was really thankful that they came to cheer on me."

Q:I noticed that you didn’t only give signatures, but you even made eye contact. Do you pay attention to that?

A:"Yes. They came a long way just to see me, so I made eye contact to express my thankful heart. There are many fans who want to take pictures too, so I gratefully accepted it."

Q:What do you think the reason you became the ambassador for 'Hallyu Star and Small Businesses CSR Project'. What do you think are your charming points.

A:"People around me say that I’m bright. As expected, the recent photo shoot was directed to appeal that side of me. I think my unique charm is my bright smile."

Q:You participated in 'Making Hope Shirts' event and donated T-shirts that you designed and signed to 300 autistic children in Shenyang. What is the meaning of it.

A:"I can’t draw everything by myself. We gave the T-shirts to the rehabilitation center and with that, the Korean businesses and I wanted to convey the warmness. KOTRA and the Trade Center donated together. We wanted to convey through the T-shirts that we have that meaning."

Q:Do you normally have interest in social responsibility.

A:"I think this is my first public activity. Individually I did some donations and sponsorships. I donated to the places that I can reach when there is opportunity. Hospital, Animal Hospital, Internet, I did it myself before. Before, the fans and I delivered coal during winter to neighborhoods in need. I also did the ice bucket challenge for ALS. I did what I can and I can reach a little bit here and there."

Q:You did a photo shoot with the products of our small businesses like cosmetics or fashion items, how did you feel?

A:"It was fun. Using various clothes and makeup from various companies, the collaboration came out naturally during the photo shoot. "

Q:How was it to try out the small businesses’ products. Can it be compared with products from big companies.

A:"When I tried the mask pack, it was very moist. I think it doesn’t lose even if you compared it to the expensive brands. I think both expensive and inexpensive brands have their own strengths. I think they used good ingredients."

Q:Is there any item that you really wanted from all the products that you used during the photo shoot.

A:"I like the accessories like the bracelets or necklaces. I usually like things with simple designs rather than things that currently in trend."

Q:What’s your next plan as the ambassador for 'Hallyu Star and Small Businesses CSR Project'?

A:"I think the official activity in the China will be the last. After this, I will continue to discuss with KOTRA and if there’s anything that I can help, then I’ll help."

Q:What is your next plan?

A:"Right now I’m recording for the Korean album and the Japanese album at the same time. I think the Japanese album will be released a little bit sooner. Early next year the Japanese album will be released and after that the Korean album will be released around February.

Q:If it’s Nicole, ‘KARA’ is something inseparable. There must be some unintentional misunderstandings.

A:"As time goes by, the misunderstandings were resolved. There are not many hurt feelings. Everyone is doing well right now. I keep in contact with all the members and we’re doing our best in each of our own fields."

Q:Do you have any marriage plans?

A:"I want to get married soon however people around me are against it.. (hahaha~) when I was a child I planned to get married when I become 25 y.o. However as I grow up, I realized that that’s too soon. As I’m getting older, I think myself ‘Later, later’ and postponed it."

Q:You’re really pretty. Any secret method in taking care of your body?

A:"I love to eat. I don’t eat much when I’m alone but I eat a lot when I’m with someone else. When I’m alone, I eat only around half a meal normally. I’m always on diet, since long time ago, and I have the habit to exercise. I can’t do as much as before but I do around 3 times a week. I eat normally for lunch but for breakfast I only eat yogurt. I only have small meals for dinner. I do pilates for exercise. I’m the type that gains fat easily, so it took me around 4~5 years to change my body shape. There were times when I got the yo-yo effect too."

Q:What’s your drinking capacity?

A:"I do like it but I stopped drinking since this summer. I can take it well but since it will harm my body or health, I've reduced it. I’m refraining myself (from drinking). I don’t know beer’s taste but I like the rest of the drinks. I get bored when I drink beer so I can’t finish a can of beer. I drink around 2 bottles of soju. If I drink more than 2 bottles, it will be a problem. I drink less than that."

Q:What’s your drinking habit?

A:"I don’t have any special habit. Sometimes when my mood gets high, my habit changes depending on how the atmosphere is but usually I run away to home."

Q:You’re doing lots of activities like CF or songs. How much do you get?

A:"Erm…hahahaha it’s under KRW 500.000.000. It hasn't been long since I started solo promotions so it’s still under that. I’ll work harder next year when I release the album."

Original Source| Joins

Translated by Yooniqda_



8 comments:

  1. so most probably February??? yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know she's working on new albums & hopefully next year promotions will be better and we'll get to see her interact with old/new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't think there would be any misunderstandings, problem between the companies and/or how the fans perceived her departure, but I wouldn't think it would be between the girls themselves. I love the question about her income at the end... hahaha... $500,000,000KRW? Isn't that quite a surmountable sum?... excited for the release of both her Japanese and Korean albums. I really hope plans follow through and February is what we can look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ...... hope that she will stick to this plan I mean coming back in February ;;;;-;;;; because every time she said she will comeback in this month nothing happened except for delays and more delays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow 500,000,000 South Korean Won ???

    ReplyDelete
  6. 500,000,000 KRW?? Thats quite a lot! hahaha I hope she can be guest for running man next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said it's under 500,000,000. I think she said that cuz it's a big number and saying "under" still doesn't give us any idea of how much she makes XD

      Delete
    2. Exactly. She answered the question but still kept that information mostly private haha :)

      Delete