Sunday, September 16, 2018

[News] Former Girl Group Member Returns To The Stage And Surprises Audience On “The King of Mask Singer"


“The King of Mask Singer” contestant “Farewell My Concubine” was a familiar face that had been sorely missed!

On the September 16 broadcast of the MBC variety program, “Justice Bao” and “Farewell My Concubine” went head-to-head in the first round while performing a duet of “Beauty and the Beast.”
“Justice Bao” ended up moving on to the next round, earning 55 votes to 44.

While singing BLACKPINK’s “Playing with Fire,” “Farewell My Concubine” unveiled herself to be none other than former KARA member Nicole!

Nicole had previously appeared on the show as a panelist, which she explained helped her be more open to the idea of participating as a contestant. Backstage, she commented, “I was able to look at the audience somewhat when I was wearing the mask. However, when I took it off, I kept staring at the floor and my hands were shaking. I realized that there was a sense of comfort that comes with wearing the mask.”

The broadcast marked Nicole’s first stage performance in four years. She expressed, “I was nervous and it was a performance that, to me, was lacking in several ways, but I think I was successful in showing a new side of me.”
src| soompi

1 comment: