Monday, April 18, 2011

[News] CHI CHI's Ji-U almost became a KARA member

During an interview with Sports Korea, CHI CHI’s Ji-U revealed that she was a potential KARA member.

Back in 2008, KARA’s Sunghee had departed from the group, leaving room for new members. Ji-U stated, “At the time, I attended the same dance academy as Han Seungyeon. When KARA was going through member changes, she suggested that I join KARA.”

Unfortunately, her parents were opposed to the idea because Ji-U was in high school at the time. ”I wanted to join her group, but my parents wouldn’t allow it so I couldn’t.”

Ji-U eventually went on to major in Korean music at the Ewha Women’s University and finally made her debut with CHI CHI after two years of preparations. She revealed, “I’ve always had a lot of interest in pop music, but playing the ‘haegum’ and studying kukak opened my eyes to a wider variety of genres.”
Source: Sports Korea via Nate



If you think about it, it was series of events that lead to KARA being what they are now.. there were all sorts of "what if's" involved but those situations never happened.. KARA is meant to be :) Though I'm guessing SY is friends with this girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment