Tuesday, January 29, 2013

[News] KARA’s Nicole revealed to be considering offers to participate in a ‘world version’ of ‘We Got Married’

KARA‘s Nicole and 2PM‘s Taecyeon are in talks to star in a ‘world version’ of the popular faux-marriage variety program ‘We Got Married‘, according to agencies responsible for both idol groups.

Taecyeon was reported to have been confirmed for ‘We Got Married’ earlier on with the news about the potential leave of Lee Joon-Oh Yeon Seo couple. Although, JYP Entertainment had later denied the news, they have revealed that the idol is actually in consideration for not the regular show, but the ‘world version’.

JYP Entertainment and DSP Media both confirmed that the two idols had received offers from MBC. “We received casting proposals for a world version of ‘We Got Married,” JYP Entertainment said. “But his casting has not been confirmed. We are in discussions with the producers.”

DSP also confirmed the talks, saying, “Although it’s true that she has been considered for a ‘We Got Married’ world version, nothing has been confirmed. We are discussing it with the producers,” they said, echoing JYP Entertainment’s announcement. “It seems like there will be a cast announcement soon.”

The ‘world version’ of the show has been in talks since last year, and once completed, will be broadcast in 41 countries and will include two couples who are from different cultural backgrounds, with one member of the couple from Korea and the other member being someone from overseas.

Source: Newsen via Nate, TVDaily, Dailian

Taken from AllKPOP


Kara’s Nicole was also a contender to appear on the global edition but recently a DSP Media representative stated, “It is true that Nicole received an offer to appear on the show. However, because Kara’s individual activities have not yet been set, we don’t know yet if Nicole can appear on the show or not.”

We Got Married′s Global Version is a giant project MBC has been preparing, and differs from the original We Got Married in that its couples are comprised of Chinese and Japanese stars as well as Korean idol group members.

2PM′s Taecyeon and Kara′s Nicole are currently strong candidates for the show.






Although I do realize that Nicole being on the show might create some unnecessary stress for her and even for fans, I think Nicole deserves to have fun and explore and play around.  It's up to Cole and if she chooses to do this then I trust that she has thought this out and wants to have a new experience. We don't even know, this might be just a couple of eps..

30 comments:

  1. Omg! I want Kris from EXO-M to pair up with Nicole! How awesome would that be? They both speak English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. although i had DREAMED of nicole pairing up with someone from 91-line, her getting on this show is already a dream come true....but im curious who she will be paired up with...hopefully someone who can also speak english and share common interests as her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of that show but it would be good to see her back on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anyone knows if this is just a special, one episode kind of thing or a long time thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! More details will come I guess after they get confirmed cast members.

      Delete
  5. Omg I hope it's true and she will appear! I hope she would be paired with someone great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im hoping that taecyeon is the one with the world version and nicole is casted in the regular version! ^^ whatever it is, ill be sure to watch out for it :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The people that don't think she should be paired with Taec are so ridiculous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the most ridiculous statements...saying that she's bad at english. People in America say UM and YEA alot...especially for public speeches. It was even stranger that they said that when Taec's english can be..very awkward and doesn't seem as fluent as Nicole's to me. Now I kinda want them paired just to spite those fans, lol.

      Delete
    2. I agree :D
      I read some of the comments on AKP and there were quite a few which said how Cole's English has deteriorated over the years and most of the time she mutters gibberish. Aishhh!! This person may have made that comment seeing the short clips here and there of Cole's random English LOL

      Yes, Cole sometimes speaks English with a Korean accent but most of the times, I feel that she appears very mature and collected. In fact she comes with some quotable 'gems' like her 'Effort' quote and her 'I want to be extraordinary' quote :)

      I know most fanboys are in a conflict abt the possible pairings. As for me, I really hope she'll be in it even if it's a one episode thingy coz it's been sooooo long since we've seen her on varieties. I miss seeing her on TV :)

      Delete
  8. ahhh really good new.when I read the article,i can't believe my eye. so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No... Nicole, don't get married! Not yet! Even hugging and pretending to be a married couple is a falsehood and go against the grain of you disliking untruths. Go & act in a drama instead. More career growth prospect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hm...I'm curious who will be her partner? It would be awesome if she was castes in the regular We Got Married show, or better yet, she should go on The Romantic and Idol. That would be a better fit for her since she never dated before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If Nicole is to cast in WGM I prefer for her to be in the regular one :P But then again I'm fine with either one. I used to watch WGM and now it's been so long since I last watch it. I really really really hope Nicole would join this. and I also hope DSP does not suddenly choose other member that is not nicole (who knows hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is always my dream to see nicole pair up with someone else and being lovey dovey like we got married lol ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seeing as Seungyeon is going to be in a drama, I dont' see why Nicole can't do this. Schedules shouldn't be in the way then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also read that Hara was already reading scripts for next project as well. Only Cole and Jing left now...

      Delete
    2. Didn't Jing turn down a role because of schedules not too long ago? Wonder how they feel about that now...

      Delete
    3. The production company said it was about schedules but DSP said it due to "differences" so I was thinking they weren't satisfied by the role? No, scheduling does not to be a conflict. I was also thinking, Jing should be starting her first year at college soon, if not already, so I wonder how that would work out.

      Delete
  14. Nicole should be paired up with someone who was from the States...like Jay Park or Brian Joo! How awesome would that be? I think Brian would be a great fit for her because he can be quite goofy! If not anyone from the States, then they should pair her up with EXO-M Kris (since he is from Canada). I think they would be a cute couple. The both of them can speak English pretty good...well...I'm not so sure about Kris...anyways, I hope they'll reveal the cast soon. I can't wait to watch it! It's been so long since she was on any variety show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I watched an older episode of WGM featuring Nichkhun & Victoria and wondered if Nicole should venture into this since she has never been in a real relationship before. Considering she has already confessed to dreading variety programs and putting her on the spot could become more traumatizing even though she's witty under pressure. Live & learn I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to see her on any variety shows. Please nicole accept it, miss you so much want to see you again even on serial korean novela. Nicole fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to see nicole on any TV variety show. Missed her, last time i saw her was at TVN back to school. Please nicole, accept the project, I know you can do it cause you're so talented and natural.Nicole fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love you nicole, please accept it, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Does anyone know if CNBLUE Lee Jonghyun likes Nicole? I heard a rumor going around saying she rejected him....and I thought he was interested in older woman...isn't Lee Jonghyun older than Nicole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really!!??could you give the link of it??

      Delete
  20. I hope she will be paired up with EXO-M Kris or anyone else from boy group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole is not on this show, its currently airing now actually.

      Delete
  21. WHAT?!!I am really happy to heard about she going to cast in this show but it is canceled.It's okay i hope she will get better cast

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope it is kris or luhan from exo but it is canceled so im hoping for she paired with suho from exo too if she get the cast for regular version XD... KARAEXO shipper here

    ReplyDelete