Thursday, August 29, 2013

[Translations] 13.08.29. Oristar Interview








O: The album “FANTASTIC GIRLS”, with the song “Thank You Summer Love” inside will go on sale on the 28th. You have challenged various styles of music that you haven’t tried in the past. Not only just pop but rock, electro and R&B, you managed to sing them well. KARA’s charm is jam-packed into 1 CD.
Seungyeon: I don’t want to do something similar to others. Even amongst ourselves, rather than sing the song in a similar fashion, we want to incorporate different styles. In this album, there are a variety of songs because the 5 of us carry the feeling of wanting to challenge new things. Even if we are unable to write songs, we will give positive opinions if we think it’s good.
Nicole: This time, we expressed ourselves fully through music. I would like to try a little in producing the songs next time. (!!!)
O: It has been 3 years since you started your activities in Japan. In what ways do you think the members have changed in maturity?

Nicole: Jiyoung has recently come to understand the meaning of being sexy. For example, during the song “Lupin”, she would raise her chin and give an intense look. But now, even by tilting her head a little, she’ll give off an amazing aura.
Jiyoung: Really? I’m glad! The hard worker in Nicole unnie hasn’t changed a bit but she feels more feminine and delicate now.

O: I see. In this album, there is a song called “Rescue Me”. Tell us about a time when you were rescued by the members.

Nicole: I can’t dress myself properly. I can’t tie a ribbon properly, button my clothes wrongly or my bangs would be in a mess. At those times, Jiyoung will definitely correct me by saying, “Nicole unnie, that looks weird.”.
Jiyoung: During interviews, the unnies will help me in their own way when I’m unable to answer correctly.

Photo credits: Kogoro@karaboard

Translation: melllllly@tumblr / _breakit@twitter


For the Full Interview: [2013.08.29] Oristar


No comments:

Post a Comment