Tuesday, March 15, 2011

[Fan] Fan accout from MBC's Korean Music Wave


I am an American who went to Korea and then upon hearing about the MBC concert, booked a ticket to Thailand. This was before KARA cancelled.

KARA wasn't coming but Thai Kamilia still came out with a table in support of Kara! I saw them smushed between After School's and 4 Minute's fanclubs.

All the acts had giant posters in the fan area where fans could write messages on. Sadly, Kara didn't have one so at the Thai Kamilia table, they had their own giant poster. They're planning to send it to Korea. I wrote my Kara fighting message and moved on.


Later I stopped by the table once more to look at the other messages. Amazingly, without speaking a word, one of the members offered me a light stick.

"For you," she said simply. Shocked I was. All I could say was thank you in English.

Then two seconds passed and someone else gave me a banner. I honestly wish my camera wasn't out of battery right now because this was the nice banner, not some disposable kind. Even my Thai friend came to my side and asked how much it was but I had to explain to her that it was just a random gift!

Of course, the fan club and I didn't speak the same language but the question of favorite member came up and I said Gyuri. One of the fan club person agreed and so she then promptly gave me a Gyuri pin. What unbelievably kindness!! Feeling overwhelmed by such generosity and slightly guilty of receiving so much, I gave them a pack of opened Kara star cards that I just happen to carry around with me. It's the least I could do after just standing by the table and then walking away with Kamilia swag.

Honestly during the concert, there wasn't any visible pearl peach lights. I tried to spot them but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place, but I think Kamilia was too separated. That didn't stop me from waving my light during the entire show. Then during the second half, two random Kamilias wandered into the seats in front of me and instantly we bonded. I felt like the three of us were just tiny pearl peach dots in a sea of random colors. Tiny but very proud dots.

It's true, we can't cheer for a group that's not there but that didn't stop us from trying to catch the camera's attention if just for a split second. Some big screen attention in the name of Kara would cheer up the other Kamilias. Our efforts escaped the cameraman's eye but the people around us did note our out of place colors.

This was my first time seeing other Kamilias and I am amazed by the treatment I got, especially since I could barely speak to them. I write this account so that they get the recognition they deserve, for upholding Kamilia's reputation for being of the the most kindest and relaxed fan base out there. WithKara.com, you guys totally rock.

From today on, I will also be a Thai Kamilia, once I figure out their website.

ALL credits: Viktoriya @ Karaholic.com

2 comments:

  1. wow this is SUPER SWEET!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! I hope the message spreads that all Kamilia are awesome!

    ReplyDelete