Monday, March 21, 2011

[Translations] K-POP Love Interview Part 1

KARA Special Interview

This is KARA, the ultra-popular idol group in both Japan and Korea. Already accustomed to traveling between the two countries ever since their debut, the girls took their place in the studio like pure, innocent white cubes. With their bright smiles and no hint of fatigue from all the filming, enter the 5 girls of KARA!

Part 1: “This year, we are able to meet many more fans!”

-- Let’s hear from leader Gyulee. What’s your biggest goal this year?

Gyulee: This year, besides our music, we get to appear and participate in a drama. And while doing so, I feel that we are able to meet many more fans. From here, I want to take up more challenges that the various fields in this industry have to offer. I want each member to stretch their potential and become better at what they are good at.

-- Let’s hear from Gyulee again, on what she thinks are the strengths of each member. Then, maknae Jiyoung can introduce Gyulee to us.

Gyulee: Seungyeon is an extremely adorable and cute girl, so once in a while, I would have notions of wanting to be cute too, like her. In addition, this cute girl has a sincere side as well, thus I feel that she’s a great person. For Nicole, because of her friendly personality, she’s always surrounded by many friends. She’s amiable and kind, and that’s why I like her so much. Hara may have a pure image, but actually, she’s really cool and she always cares a lot for the people around her. She’s a very gentle girl. Jiyoung is still our cute maknae. As the moodmaker, she always brightens up our lives.

Jiyoung: Gyulee’s presence is like that of a mother to us; it’s like she’s the personification of “answers”. We’ll ask her for help if we are feeling troubled or worried. Also, she always gives us really good solutions and advice so whenever things bother us, we talk to Gyulee about them and we will feel comforted thereafter.

-- Your role as a leader is a tough one, huh? Still, what are some small pleasures you can find when you are alone?

Gyulee: It’s eating something delicious while relaxing. Also, in Japan especially, I will go to the places I have yet to visit and take a stroll around the streets. Doing so helps me relax too.

-- For Seungyeon, where would you like to go for an interest trip if you were to have a week-long break?

Seungyeon: I want to go to a beautiful, lovely and blue seaside place, like the Maldives, to relax.

-- Let’s hear from Hara. What are your thoughts and feelings on turning 20 years old?

Hara: I feel that turning 20, for myself, would mean that I have to take up my responsibilities properly and seriously. Thus, I will try to make sure that I pay closer attention to what I say or do. (The clean-cut way she answers immediately erupted a roar of laughter)

-- Jiyoung, you stated in your profile that you wanted to meet someone. Have you met him? Is he Yamashita-san from NEWS?

Jiyoung: That is above me…

Seungyeon: (All of a sudden, in a loud voice) I wanted to meet Yamashita-san! And last year, during a recording in Japan, I could!! (Laughs)

Jiyoung: I wanted to meet Arashi’s Matsumoto Jun, and I did. It was really cool.

---

Part 2 coming soon.

Translated by Cherrims @ Karaholic.

1 comment: