Monday, January 30, 2012

[News] 112.01.30. DSP Media to simultaneously debut new girl group ‘DSP Girls’ in Korea & Japan






DSP Media, the home to hit girl groups KARA and Rainbow, has announced that they will be debuting their next girl group simultaneously in Korea and Japan!

The five member girl group is temporarily nicknamed ‘DSP Girls‘ and will be making their debut through an animation series titled, ‘Pretty Rhythm, Dear My Future‘. They’ll be attending the production conference in Tokyo on January 31st, and this will mark the first girl group debut through an animation show in both Korea and Japan.

The group is comprised of Haein (18), Shiyoon, Chaekyung, Somin (all 16), and Jae Eun (14). Despite still being in the debut preparation stage, they have been receiving CF casting offers from Nintendo and Whisper. At the production conference, the ladies will be performing their own cover of KARA’s “Pretty Girl“.

‘Pretty Rhythm’ is an animation and comic series detailing the debut process of girl group trainees. The members will be unveiled one by one before their debut, and their debut single itself will be released within the animation show.

The girls will be competing against avex’s girl group Prism, and also have a collaboration down the line once they both make their debuts. Prism will also be making an appearance in the animation show.

‘Pretty Rhythm’ will air on TV Tokyo starting April, and their Japanese debut single is scheduled for release in July.

Taken from: Tokyo Hive



Okay got my thoughts in order lol

1. What?! Where did these girls come from lol, I didn't hear anything about them and I do look around... XD

2. Hm.. they are pretty young, they seem to be leaning towards the fresh and cute image

3. OMG, what does this mean for KARA? What is the direction of KARA in the future?

4. So what about DSP's boy group?

5. I wonder if KARA knows any of the members

11 comments:

  1. im excited for these girls ^^ i know KARA will take care of them well~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want dsp to hv big family...still hoping dsp boys to debut~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These girls could be one of the trainees in that rehearsal video with the rumored dsp boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is them 0:04 youtube.com/watch?v=7TMaasV5AoI

    ReplyDelete
  5. These girls are going to debut on July, the DSP boys are rumored to debut on the first half of the year.

    My thoughts... KARA will very soon let go of the cutesy image and move towards a more mature one. I'm more excited now for KARA's solos and new album.

    I hope these girls have an easier debut-to-hit period than both KARA and Rainbow has had. I'm sure KARA will teach/take care of them well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so Rainbow had a hard period ? i olwez thought that rainbow has an easier path than KARA before . . xD
      well, i hope DSP change the name soon. DSP girls . . sounds a bit weird xD
      cute and young image maybe suit japan market's taste very well, but as for korea . . hmm

      Delete
  6. It was a big impact when I saw this news because I did not expect the debut of a group of girls, but boys! But I was super happy and excited!

    It is impossible to guess the plans of the DSP! Probably will debut a male group, because groups are now 3 and a sub-unit at a total of 17 girls! You must have children to care for them! ^ ^

    I hope they have a debut in Japan that reaches the level of KARA, and surely are the next generation in Korea as KARA and SNSD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts... KARA will very soon let go of the cutesy image and move towards a more mature one. I'm more excited now for KARA's solos and new album.


    I was thinking like this as well, I am more excited to see what KARA will get to do in the future. The girls are aging out of their "cute" concept they started with in Korea and it's kind of about time their music and image properly represented their ages and this time of their life. It's exciting lol


    so Rainbow had a hard period ? i olwez thought that rainbow has an easier path than KARA before . . xD

    Hm, they've had it difficult compared to the groups that debuted the same year as them. They had it "easier" than KARA in some ways because having KARA as a sunbae in their company definitely helps especially right now that KARA are these big Hallyu stars. KARA didn't have SS501 to really help them during their debut period so the answer is yes and no I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. isn't 14 too young to be an idol star? i'm 16 and couldnt even imagine something this big happening in my life if it were me

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't 14 too young to be an idol star? i'm 16 and couldnt even imagine something this big happening in my life if it were me

    JiYoung was 14 when she joined KARA...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really into new group. But I really hope that Kara will leave that cute image for their upcoming album. KARA <333

    ReplyDelete