Thursday, February 21, 2013

[Other] Former A’st1 Member, Sung In Kyu Passes Away at Age 24


Former member of A’st1, Sung In Kyu, passed away at the young age of 24 on February 22. He has been battling thymus cancer since 2011.

The news of his passing spread when fellow member, Park Jung Jin tweeted, “My dongseng member who performed with me as A’st1…In Kyu went to heaven today… It must have been hard while getting chemotherapy, but In Kyu always answered the phone with a bright voice…I hope that he can rest comfortably in heaven… February 22… Asan Hospital Funeral Home.”

Park Jung Jin added the room number where loved ones and fans can send Sung In Kyu off.

Thymus cancer is a type of cancer that grows on the thymus, a small organ placed right between the lungs. The cancer is usually discovered after the patient begins having breathing problems.

A’st1 debut in 2008 and participated in the OST for KBS’ Boys Over Flowers. The group, which included Chinese and Japanese members, disbanded in 2009.

Through his blog, Sung In Kyu told fans about his cancer back in 2009.
“Right now, it’s hard to sing due to the lack of breath, but I won’t give up my dreams. I’ll show you. I’ll get all of my treatments and return with good news,” wrote Sung In Kyu in one entry. “See you soon on the stage. I love you.”

We send our condolences to the family and friends of Sung In Kyu.


** Gyuri, SeungYeon, and Nicole trained with members of A'st1 :(

RIP Sung InKyu.

No comments:

Post a Comment