Sunday, October 6, 2013

[News/Tweet] Nicole clarifies her position on the contract renewal



My precious Kamilia,  
I made you worry with the Kara contract and disbandment issues. . . and hurt you, I'm sorry.
I was working hard doing my activities as a Kara member and the Japan tour will start soon, when suddenly news about my withdrawal and contract issue surfaced, I was taken aback and had a loss for words too. However I want to convey my feelings so I'm writing this.   
The most important thing. . .I started as a Kara member and I want to end it as a Kara member too. But when I saw the interview between the reporter and the representative (of the company) about how I will leave Kara because I don't renew the contract with the current company. . I was very frustrated and confused. . .   
Contract with DSP, it's not a contract as KARA only, it's also a contract as an artist. I was thinking on whether there is a way for me to be able to continue with the group that I've been together with until now but not an artist under the company.   
I'm just one person. I think just because of me, one person, Kara should not disband or change. I was thinking whether it's possible to separate the contract between myself as an artist and as Kara member, I've tried to separate my personal things with official things.   
I still have lots of goals. While doing my best for Kara activities I want to make myself again. I think for that I need lots of time and effort. . .that's why since I want to invest for my future, I decided to not renew my contract with DSP.   
As a Kara member I received lots of love from Kamilia and I want to show you an even better me, however this slowly became bigger and hurt all of you and me too... my heart feels heavy.
I was really hurt too, listening to various talks about the contract, withdrawal, member changes, etc.. I think the group called KARA, it's not one person's thing. That's why I had the thoughts like above, since I'm a Kara member too and I'm responsible for Kara's name.  
However if everyone and Kara's representative disagree with me and thinks this is impossible, I will come back as a person called Jung Nicole.   
Regardless of my contract status with the company, I promise I will do my activities as a Kara member. I do love Kara, now and always will, and I'm happy doing activity as a Kara member. . . KARA is a very meaningful thing for me .  
Thank you to those who love me and are supporting me. . .
Translated by yooniqda_











Translations from AllKpop:

"To my dear Kamilia," she began:
"I'm sorry for making you worry with rumors of our re-contracting and breaking apart ... and for hurting you. But I was also surprised and disbelieving at the fact that my departure and contract issues were publicized, just before our Japanese tour. But I wanted to speak my mind about the matter so I'm going to post it here.

The most important thing ... I started as a KARA member and I want to see the end as a KARA member. But after reading the articles and interviews saying that I would be switched out from KARA since I wasn't up for a contract renewal ... it was very frustrating and confusing.  
I think that my renewal debate with DSP Media is not a renewal as a KARA member, but as an artist. Although I may not be an artist under the company, I hope to find a solution where I can continue with the group I've been with since the beginning.  
I'm just one person. I don't think that KARA should change, or be broken apart, because of me. So I thought about splitting up my contracts between me as a KARA member and me in relation to the company, split between my private and public life.  
I still have a lot of goals. That's why I want to re-make myself, while doing my best within KARA. To do that, I feel that I need time and effort ... that's why I decided to not renew my personal contract with DSP, since I wanted to put that effort into my future.  
As KARA, we received much love from Kamilia and want to show a better side of us to you, but as this happening escalates and hurts you ... it hurts me too. I was hurt by the stories about renewals and member changes. I don't think that a single person owns KARA. Since I'm a member of KARA and am responsible for the name, I had the same thoughts as above.  
But if everyone and representatives of KARA disagree with me and consider this impossible, I will return to a private person by the name of Jung Nicole.  
Regardless of my renewal status with the company, I promise to continue promoting as a KARA member. I do, and always will, love KARA and am happy working as a KARA member ... and the group is such a big part of my life.  
Thank you so much to everyone who loves  and supports us ..." 


I am really happy that Nicole spoke up for herself and made her stance clear. We can all agree, she wasn't being utilized to her full potential and she wanted to do more, something that DSP couldn't give her or were unwilling. Makes me happy to know that Nicole has many more goals she wants to achieve and she'll have fans who will support her in that endeavor. 

13 comments:

  1. It was dirty of DSP to talk about her contract before things were finalized. It really hurt her and fans..esp before her b-day and the tour. I think DSP should agree to what Nicole wants. It seems reasonable and I believe members of BEG basically do what Nicole is asking for. As time passes Kara promote less and less as a group so it shouldn't be too much trouble as far as scheduling goes. I think the fact that she wants new management for her solo activities pretty much confirmed what alot of us were worried about and shows that DSP hasn't been treating her well as far as individual activities go. If Nicole isn't even happy with it, then it means it wasn't in our heads or us being sensitive over our bias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The translation has a missing or mistranslated part in paragraph 2 or 3 depending on the version.

    She said that she can't renew her contract. (Meaning, there is a problem renewing.)

    She said, "근데 현재 소속사와의 재계약이 안되기 때문에" meaning she can't renew the contract right now. (implying DSP is not agreeing). Hamm, Ghyul and Hara already signed according to DSP's press release." @ultraman88

    Everything was already mentioned on forums. It's all up to dsp.. no matter what I will fully support Nicole. I was waiting for a word from her and she did really great. She's way wiser then her age would indicate, always knew that (: This whole issue just helped her make the right decision. If DSP can't listen, change for better, respect the decision of those who keep it running, they'll just confirm what they are. Just like from the crisis '11 it's all the same.. they don't care if KARA stays as 5 as long as they still milk money.. If Nicole will be forced to move from KARA for good they must preapre for a great loss. Noone, nobody can replace Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more in love with nicole. at the beginning I was like were we the only one that nots nicole's small works throw out the past 2 years ? Nicole knew that the management had something against her since the scandal in 2011 her shows became less and less. I respect that she is trying her best to stay with Kara . Nicole is in love with kamilia and I know that she will not leave us not with out a fight. I hope that she show The management Of DSP what they worth and that they worth nothing with out our kara .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope dsp agrees to let her stay in kara..there's still hope! (Apparently)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://ournikori.blogspot.com/2011/10/info-ms-shirley-on-nicoles-future.html we never thought that would happen until 2 years later

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully now that ppl know what she wants, (which is completely reasonable) fans will be vocal and DSP will stop being stubborn and let her stay working with KARA but have solo activities under another management. Other ppl have been able to do this successfully so it's nothing new and really the only reason for them not to do it is because they're greedy and petty. If she leaves Kara in January, Kamilia will know its because DSP were unreasonable and don't really care about Kara or the fans and hopefully there would be alot of backlash. Rainbow & AJAX are talented but lbr Kara is really all they have going for them right now and it'd be in their best interests to keep them as five as long as all the girls are willing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if DSP leaked this contract problem or if it was someone else? I find it odd that DSP would release this information by choice if Kara has the Japan tour coming up. It'll just make things feel weird and no one would enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was odd too but some fans think that DSP made bold statements first in order to try and make Nicole look bad for not renewing with them and maybe if there was harsh backlash that Nicole might feel the pressure and renew. It's just that fans and the public didn't react as such.

      Delete
  8. I've tried to separate my personal things with official things.

    This is Nicole's quote from the first translation, when I read this it seemed to me this is the reason why she doesn't have many solo activities. Which is why MTV Japan awards may have been set up personally. I think DSP should let Nicole be managed by another company and yet let her be apart of KARA. In the end, she wants to be in KARA and DSP wants KARA to stay as is...this is definitely a compromise that would benefit both. Otherwise DSP would have to deal with the backlash from angry/sad fans.

    KARA is only 5 with all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew it.. Nicole made a correct decision for herself and her career..such a bad treatment DSP gave to her..it wasnt enough her rapping part and her lines became shorter..they even lessen her solo activity..no wonder SS501 and nicole doesnt want to continue with them..such a bad company..and they are sooo wrong if they thought fans will think that it is Nicole fault for not renewal the contract.. we as the fans knew what DSP trying to AND WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT HER..

    so no worries..just continue what made you easy,comfortable and happy as a person and as a public figure..we'll always support your decision JUNG NICOLE

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a part in the translations that makes a big difference to me in how it's translated. "But if everyone and representatives of KARA disagree with me and consider this impossible, I will return to a private person by the name of Jung Nicole." and "However if everyone and Kara's representative disagree with me and thinks this is impossible, I will come back as a person called Jung Nicole". One sounds like she'll leave the entertainment business and the other sounds like she'll stay, but just won't be under the Kara name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking she could mean I'll return as Nicole Jung and not KARA's Nicole. From how I read her tweet, she has every intention of coming back to the entertainment industry. She mentioned having goals and needing time and putting in effort for her goals.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. That seems likely to be what it means and that makes me feel better to know that she may still want to be in entertainment. I guess we have to just wait and see what happens.

      Delete