Friday, October 11, 2013

[Magazine] 13.10.09. TV Life : Nicole Interview Translations



Theme: My Childhood

I was a hyperactive and curious child.

Nicole was a very active girl when she was young. We heard plenty of stories about how excelled in her studies and some of her memories. ♪

I especially loved to move around when I was a child. Since I was always moving around, I got distracted by small actions… In that aspect, I may not have changed. (laughs) And because I have an extremely curious personality, I’ve attended singing, dance, violin, trumpet and many other kinds of lessons. Of course, I was very interested in studying too. I think I hardly scored below 85 points for a test. If my grades drop a little, I’ll work harder and I’ll get my previous grade again in no time. I’ve always loved to read books so my best subjects were reading and grammar. I liked history and science too. Ah, but I was scared of dissecting a frog in class. (laughs)

On the other hand, I guess I never really liked maths. My dad was strict and so studying was the main part of my summer vacation. I only had 3 hours to play every day. I was living in California, America, at that time. I was only able to play a lot when I visit my cousin in Arizona. We went swimming, to McDonald’s and had barbeque. That was really enjoyable. Since I was the oldest amongst the cousins on my mother’s side, I would help to look after my cousins or cook when my grandmother was busy. That was very memorable!

Q: If the members were animals, what would they be?
A: The tip of Seungyeon’s nose is pointed and she has a small mouth. She has the features of a hamster! Jiyoung gives me more of a manga character feel than that of an animal. (laughs) I guess Hara and Gyuri are like cats. They have huge eyes and V-shaped faces.

Q: Which part of the fans do you look at during your live performances?
A: Their eyes. Don’t people express their feelings with their eyes? I’m really happy when fans look at me and smile because of me. So I try to look into their eyes as much as I can during our live performances.

Q: What kind of actions of a guy do you like?
A: My heart races when I see a guy, who usually looks blunt, treating children and his mother very well. That kind of guy who is good at looking after people is wonderful.

The next issue is finally the last! We’ll give you a special edition!

+++

Photo credits: ALONE@karaboard

Translation: melllllly@tumblr / _breakit@twitter



2 comments:

  1. Omg that was the first or if not second time she ever mention about her father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole defeated her fear of frogs... she wore a frog costume in Karasia 2012!

    ReplyDelete