Saturday, May 15, 2010

[Old Tvian Interview] Talk With Korean Script Column Founder Nicole


Talk With Korean Script Column Founder Nicole
We are curious what is inside your head. 


As a trend there are many members of idol groups that don't seem to attract you at first but as you keep watch, there is a member with much charm. Big Bang's Daesung, SNSD's Sooyoung and Sunny, Wonder Girls' Sunmi and the one who could proudly put herself on this list is Kara's Nicole. Kara, which Nicole is a part of, after debut for 2 years, struggled in the jungle like idol music industry and wasn't greatly appealed in the music industry then finally at the end of last year with 'Pretty Girl' and continuous success 'Honey', they have now been labeled as an idol group. Not too long ago, they have even brought down SNSD as No. 1 on a music program and took charge. Kara's new performance as an icon advances Nicole's strength clearly took over a part and whoever denies is wrong.  We met Nicole who on shows her own cuteness and lovableness as much as she wants and becomes more charming the more you see her.
Kim Siwong Reporter | Photos Jo Junwoo

 


Name: Nicole (Korean Name: Jung YongJu)
Nickname: Your tail (Ni-Ggolee), Tweety (A yellow bird Nicole confessed saying they're similar)
Birth: October 7, 1991 America
Agent: DSP Media
Group: Kara (5 member idol group consisting of Gyuri, Seungyeon, Nicole, Hara, Jiyoung)
Debut Opportunity: Had a dream to be a singer in America and passed an audition, came to Korea 3 years ago, promotion as a member of Kara started.
Hit Content:Levitation jump showed during 'Rock You', 's extravagent questions on Korean speed quiz, Nicole's own Korean script she made Nicole-Analects, 's Shikshin Nicole

 

TVian
You are a cutie and mascot of , how did you get chosen?
Nicole Donghyun (Kim Gura's son) used to ask the questions. Beause you were to guess the answer from the point of view of a child Donghyun's age, the segment was even called 'Guess The Eyelevel'. After Donghyun left, the staff proposed to me. It's not been too long since I came to Korea, and told me it would be fun to explain questions with my lack of Korean and I thought it would be fun, too. How is it matching questions according to Nicole's eye level?
TVian Because of Nicole, gained more viewers. Did you know there is such a thing as Nicole-analects?
Nicole What are analects (she doesn't know the korean word of analects)? I did see the questions I explained up on our fancafe a few times. Truthfully, I don't understand what's so funny, the members laugh a lot while watching, too.


TVian Whats the word you remember most?
Nicole 'Yangban' (Old man). One thing I really like out of my favorites are chicken. So I explained, 'Something other than half a fried chicken?'. If its not half the fried than its just the spices (laughs). Also people say its fun when I say 'Mickey Mouse' instead of 'Mouse', and when saying 'Kwegul Chunhyang' (Sassy Girl Chunhyang), I really didn't know what the 'Kwe' part was. So I told the script unnie that I'll say 'the ladder next to the nose'. The script unnie said 'Okay, do that' and I said that without much thought, but many were amazed by it.
TVian I saw that at home, too and I was rolling around laughing holding my stomach. Because the guests change every week you ask questions to many people. Who do you think is the best at guessing?
Nicole Jang Yoonjung sunbaenim. She came out last time on the New Year's special, and she guessed so well. Kara's Gyuri unnie couldn't even guess well.
TVian Then the opposite, who's the worst at guessing?
Nicole I don't know. Truthfully I didn't memorize all the names of the guests who came on (laughs). It was fun with Lee Junho sunbaenim and Kim Gunmo sunbaenim, and when guests who aren't good at Korean like me come on, we both get frustrated.
TVian I see. The quizzes with U-Kiss's Alexander or Super Junior's Hankyung have alien words you can't find anywhere else.
Nicole At those times I think 'Oh, my words sound like this to other sunbaes'.
TVian When I listen to Nicole's explaination of words, I think 'Maybe she's a genius?'. How you are so chimerical. Do you study off the dictionary for words?
Nicole I come one or two hours before the recording. The script unnie gives me the words I'll need to explain. I don't have a dictionary but I just think by looking at the words.
TVian Oh, not a 'sahjun' (korean word for dictionary)(puhaha), nor a 'dictionary' but 'before'. So before you go into shooting you look at the words, and practice by yourself, too. What do you do if there's a word you really don't know?
Nicole I call Kara's Gyuri unnie and ask and just ask the script unnie 'Can I explain this word like this?'. But it's not that hard because I'm explaining it within my eyelevel, like the title says.
TVian On many guests come on. If there is a guest you really want to meet?
Nicole F4. If F4 comes, I'll give them such easy questions. Please come out. Please please please!


TVian Maybe it's because of but you are labeled the shikshin. Do you like to eat?
Nicole Yes! I love to eat delicious food and I really like to cool delicious foods to the members. I make them sandwhiches with mayo, ham and lots of cheese and I'm good at curry, too.
TVian Three things you want to eat that are in your head?
Nicole Ice cream, ice cream and ice cream! I'm addicted to ice cream these days. Can I say the (ice cream) brand? Gustimo's cereal ice cream, Baskin Robbin's hard rock yogurt and Natural's green tea ice cream. I like Haagen-Dazs strawberry, too.
TVian Your eyes are sparkling. Manager, buy Nicole ice cream after shooting ends.
Nicole Really? Hahaha
TVian Next time we meet, I'll definitley buy you. But even if someone is a shikshin, they easily get enteritis. Is your body weak?
Nicole I love to eat but my insides are sensitive. If I eat the same foods as my members, and even if only a day passed since the expiration date or went bad just a bit I react first. I take in food poisoning easily, too.
TVian If Nicole is sick, the fan will be sad so no matter what you are eating, eat carefully.

Nicole Okay. Oh yeah, not long ago, I got kiss.
TVian Yeah, at that situation Kara and Nicole's uncle fans were going crazy.
Nicole At that moment, I didn't know what to do either because I was so shocked, and the person said sorry, too. I don't think the fans need to worry much. I'm fine.
TVian That's a relief. I worried, too. You recieving a lot of love with 'Honey' which came after 'Pretty Girl', do you have any plans for the future?
Nicole Thank you so much for the love. We will bring in a good album in the summer. I want to meet with TVian next time with Kara members. You'll come again, right?
TVian Of course. If Nicole is calling, we'll go over to wherever it is.

ps.The date with sweet Nicole ended, but let Nicole's analects be forever. We present you the newly created Korean Script.

translated by monica kim @ karaholic.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment