Wednesday, July 7, 2010

[blab] Why This blog.

So I realized some things after reading past posts, I remember why I started this blog. It was so I could openly write whatever I wanted, the feelings and thoughts I had pertaining to Nicole/KARA. Recently, I learned that more people visit the blog than I realized, so I became self conscious in my posts but I owe to myself to post whatever I want. Though I'm guessing most of you visit to look at pictures and not my blabbing but I don't care lol.


I started the blog for Nicole fans. Initially this started because I felt so bad that her fans in Korea were so not active. Her previous fan site died from lack of activity and now her current Korean site has barely any activity. I wanted to find some sort of medium where it was dedicated to Nicole, to show my appreciation to the talented, sweet, hard working, beautiful person she is :)

So why Nicole?

Unlike most other idol group fans, where if the person is physically beautiful that's all I need for them to get my support. I value work ethic and how one carries themselves to the world. To me, Nicole is AUTHENTIC. 

Even though people and fans like to point out how she doesn't look that way or act the way that is expected of female idols in Korea, I congratulate for not sticking to the norm. She is leader not a follower in that sense. I like that she doesn't ask for sympathy, rather she just wants support. I could come up with more reasons but really what I wrote above is why I spend time doing this. To me, she is someone I can look too and feel like it's okay to be yourself and to keep going despite everything.

Yep.

3 comments:

  1. I recently discovered your blog, and I read it because it's so witty and refreshingly provides me stuff I love (aka Nicole, lol) that I have a hard time finding anywhere else.

    Please continue to freely write your thoughts/random mental spasms (those are the best to read anyway. Sanity is so overrated these days. It's the only reading I get in these days XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. like strictlykpop said above, please continue to write freely coz thats what a blog about right?...and i actually enjoy reading Nicole news from someone perspective let alone from fellow Nicole fans...
    and honestly i think your blog is one of the fastest to get anything Nicole related coz like you said her other fansite didn't seems that active...
    i hope i'm not included in your "most of you visit to look at pictures and not my blabbing" list LOL since i did took many from here to post at KH
    kara4life@KH

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree with the above comments. this is your blog and your dedication to Nicole and you can write whatever you want. I am just thankful that you are kind enough to share with all of us.

    more importantly, whenever i come to your blog, i am reminded that there are many fans out there who are not so fanatical they they engage in fan wars or antis who take pleasure in finding and exploiting any flaw someone has and broadcasting it to the world.

    kpop is a fun business and i'm sure a good part of it is manufactured, but i hope more people can look past beyond the glamour and outfits and see the genuine nicole behind all this and come love her personality and recognize the effort and pride she has in her work. of course, this is true for all of Kara and other idol groups too.

    sorry for the really long comment!

    ReplyDelete