Monday, May 20, 2013

[Interview] Nicole's Star Column


(Nicole’s Story)


 


◆ Enjoying One Week of Freedom in New York

After 7 to 8 years, I finally went on a trip. I spent a wonderful one week in New York.

I like to do things on a regular basis, with the hours all planned out. I’ll take note of plans from my workout sessions after consulting my Pilates teacher or gym trainer, times I go to the clinic, KARA’s schedule, shopping times to dieting.

 

But this shouldn’t be the case when I’m on a holiday. Hara advised me to just let go of myself and play. That’s why for this trip, I only planned for visits to the museums and to watch a musical. Because I need to reserve the tickets beforehand. ^^

 

For the rest of the trip, I think I’ll only do what I want to do. I met up with my family and friends, whom I have not seen in a long time, and had a great time with them. I was told by my friends that my aura was a little different and that the air around me has changed. I appeared to be more carefree, and it was shown on my face. After this trip, I feel that my way of thinking has changed significantly.

◆ Impatience is a Taboo, Little by Little

I was ignorant when I started dieting for the first time. I ate the same thing for six months everyday! In doing that, my body was not able to absorb the necessary nutrients. And so my body started to break down. Not just internally but it was also shown on the outside. My face appeared to be very haggard. Therefore, after reading up, I finally found a suitable diet method for myself.

 

Since we’re always using our muscles, I undergo strength training 3 times a month and do Pilates 3 to 4 times a week to keep my body in shape. I follow a strict diet plan for a few months. You need to aim to keep up with the goal you have set for yourself.

I’m also human so I do get fat at times. ^^ So, don’t eat too much. As your body needs an intake of salt, it is advisable to eat meat every 2 weeks. But!! Avoid white things. Sugar, white rice and flour. I basically eat cereals and brown rice and have even developed the habit of bringing brown rice when I eat meat.

But I hardly eat out. I try to make my own meals as much as possible. It helps to know what ingredients were used to make the meal you’re eating. Not everything went well in the beginning. I faced hard times and was struggling with rebound. But after 4 years, I no longer have the habit of eating junk or fried food.

While dieting, my confidence grew. If you’re confident in yourself, and have confidence in what you do, you will be satisfied. And work will be even more enjoyable. In the past, I used to hide my imperfections on stage. Of course I don’t have a perfect body now but I’m able to enjoy myself on stage because I have confidence in myself.



Now, my body has grown accustomed to my diet. I’m used to eating chicken breast meat and salad. ^^ On days when I want to eat meat or spaghetti, I make sure to exercise before I eat! It’s like a reward to myself. If I feel like I deserve the reward, I’ll eat it.

I eat a lot of supplements, vegetables and fruits. I want to be as determined as possible when it comes to food. I do think that even though we should eat certain things to keep our skin healthy, we should also let our skin repair itself naturally. Nutrients are not completely different in different kinds of food. I think it’s important to eat a balanced meal.

I started paying more attention to body nutrition because my body broke down before. During our Japanese debut with “Mister”, due to excessive exercise, an unhealthy diet and stress as the environment was changing, my body broke down. At that time, I could not digest my food well. From that time until now, I frequent a herbalist. I have come to realize that health is very important.

In addition, I’ve learned a lot about nutrients and calorie intake by reading books about dieting. Different people suit different diet methods, I’ve found a diet regime that suits me.

◆ Chances Come by Only to People who Make an Effort

Everyone wants to see good results. In order to see results in a short period of time, we go through ridiculous diets which end up harming our body and thus we return to where we first started. Rather than a sudden change, we should take things slow. Not only can we keep healthy this way, our outer appearance will also maintain in the long run.

  

My aim for this year is to shape up my legs! If you stretch and stimulate the muscles that you hardly use, the shape will slowly change. An anxious attitude is the enemy of exercise. If you keep in mind to take things slow, you will gradually feel the changes.

 

The phrase from someone, “Do not lose sight of yourself,” came to me as a reality check. I’m now able to live happily. For KARA’s comeback this summer, I’ve thought a lot on how to show you how much I’ve changed.

Always preparing, always practicing. Chances come only when you have gained the ability to immerse yourself in doing something. As long as you’re well prepared, you will not miss it when a good opportunity appears. ^^

The next issue of “KARA Said” Vol.3 will continue with Hara and stories that KARA has left out.


 SeungYeon's Star Column is a great read too!! Read HERE



Translation: melllllly@tumblr / _breakit@twitter

Original article: http://news.naver.com/main/hotissue/read.nhn?mid=hot&sid1=106&cid=918005&iid=643150&oid=420&aid=0000000328&ptype=011

Disclaimer: I translated the article that was translated to Japanese from Korean. Some of the meanings may have been lost within translations but the content should more or less still be the same.






2 comments:

  1. OMG she's awesome! no wonder I cant stop loving her hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the translation! I admire people that can read, speak, and understand another language. Nicole can speak English, Korean, and Japanese! Wow! I love her abs! I wish I had abs like her! I do hope she meets her Prince Charming soon. She seems a bit lonely. So, KARA is having a comeback this summer huh? That's awesome! I hope they team up with Brave Brothers!

    ReplyDelete