Sunday, May 19, 2013

[Netizen Buzz] Nicole's quiet zeal for life inspires netizens

Article: [Kara] Part 2. Seungyeon's challenge and Nicole's rest

Source:
Naver Ent via Naver

Article on what Seungyeon and Nicole have been up to. Seungyeon with her drama, Nicole with going on vacation to New York and focusing on her fitness.

1. [+370, -25] Nicole's really the realistic one... She's still young but she worked her butt off for three years to become a member of an acknowledged girl group. She probably made a lot of money to live comfortably off of. During hiatus, she tweets and hangs out with friends like any other non-celebrity would and then sets off to Japan to make some money. She's not like the other idols who take needless risks and get hateful comments by ruining their images. She's realistic... and when she's about to be forgotten, she comes out on TV once in a while. I'd say she's living the ideal 20 something year old life. Especially compared to other idols who are getting all this hate. Ironically, they're all more popular than her but at what costs?

2. [+255, -16] Hul, Nicole's 11 abs...

3. [+227, -38] Find strength, guys. You guys are the wall these nugu idols can never climb over.

4. [+173, -5] Nicole's abs are amazing... I looked up Pilates because Nicole got me interested but the lessons are pretty expensive.

5. [+129, -30] It's good to see young people work so hard in their lives. I'm almost turning 50 and the only effort I seem to make is eating and living. Time to work harder!!! ^^

6. [+97, -6] Really gotta give props for Nicole and the way she manages her lifestyle. I find it hard even following a week long schedule.. She's young but you can tell she's thinking ahead to the future. Her passion is clear.

7. [+63, -2] Nicole really amazes me with each of her diets and the way her body changes

8. [+38, -5] Can't help but become a fan when you see them working this hard

source: netizenbuzz


I'm posting this because of the Korean netizen comments, it's nice to see appreciation and acknowledgment about the kind of person she is :)

13 comments:

  1. It's good to know that she is appreciated by k netizens but I actually wanna see Nicole to become as popular as IU or Hyuna even if she gets hated like them. I don't think aggressive promotions are needless risks and I just wanna see her more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICOLEE!!!♥♥ LOVE HER OMG>_________<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see her promoted more and do things outside of Kara too. She wants to tackle any work she's given but doesn't seem to be given the chance yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This part boggles my mind too. In her recent appearance on radio in Japan, she admitted she wanted to try her best in everything, singing, acting, DJing etc... But until now, DSP has not announced any solo stint for her except for her guesting on WGM (that was coz of her connections to Jinwoon) and her SURE fashion shoot.

      Which makes me suspicious.. could it be that DSP is not giving her the opportunities to do those things? Please don't tell me it's coz she lacks star appeal like the rest of KARA members. Coz she can hold her own in terms of popularity and fanbase. Her fanbase in Korea may not be as big as Hara or Hammie but it's still substantial. Also, there are lots of those who are not Kamilia but are fans of Nicole personally (instead of fans of Kara).

      I don't mind if she doesn't get to act .. but for Heaven's sake, at least let her sings OSTs or collabo with other artists. She's a good singer and a charismatic performer on stage .. T_T

      Delete
    2. I think we might get a better understanding of her point of view once the article is translated :)

      Delete
    3. It seems that she didn't touch on this subject in the article. I still don't understand how she hasn't had any offers outside of global WGM. Or the fact that DSP doesn't seem to be trying to get her in things either. We all know she has appeal because she has had lots of activities before. 2009-2010 she was in SO MUCH. After the lawsuit she never gained back that momentum. I mean its fine because maybe she doesn't want to be that busy again but there is a difference between being that busy and having no solo activities. Hosting inki was nice but that was already so long ago. It's not like she's going to school now like Jiyoung so I don't get the hold up. Seeing her on WGM made me realize how much I miss her in variety.

      Delete
  4. me too. At first,I am not a kara fan. But whenI saw nicole on star golden bell,I began nicole's fan. she was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon ^^ ...
    i like your thinking .. Although they've done a lot for KARA, I am not particularly keen with DSP. Especially now that I (personally) feel that they're playing favourites (and Cole is not in their fave list atm)...

    I would love to see Cole taken by another agency that could groom her, polish her potentials etc. She can sing, perform and dance.. she's the whole package. And sh hv a wicked stage presence & charisma. With the right tutelage and promotion, she could be a wonderful solo artist :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the fact that she has voiced that she wanted to try different things. It may not be all their fault, But I feel they have something to do with it. I mean this is still the entertainment business and while KARA has more control than most idols, I"m sure the company still calls the shots. It may not be a blatant thing on their part and just them figuring certain members are more popular so they push a little more for them. The thing is Nicole CAN be just as popular so it's a shame she's not getting a little push. I'm glad she's still enjoying each and everyday, but it feels sad that she sorta becomes MIA when it's not Kara related. And another weird thing is unlike the others, when she DOES do something there doesnt' seem to be any kind of articles about it O.o

      Delete
    2. i get your opinion.. :)
      And forgive my statements .. even if it implies it, I din't mean to say that Cole was 'imprisoned or enslaved' by DSP. And yes, i agree with u, our Cole is a smart girl who knows what's good or bad for her.

      I do respect that she might just want to enjoy her life and not be as active as the others. But don't you think it's a bit odd that she hasn't got any solo stints on her plate??

      Yes, you're right. i am a huge Cole stan and I guess part of the reason I get a bit miffed with DSP is that it feels like they're not making enough efforts to maximise her potentials :(
      It does get disheartening when someone with less talents can become very popular and overshadow others (including ur biases). Maybe I'll just swallow one of Cole's favourite lines - "I don't know hoe but the world just turn out that way" lol

      But then again, you are aright abt "not knowing what goes about behind closed doors".. So I guess I hv to give them the benefit of a doubt. (But I'm st

      Delete
  7. I agree that after the lawsuit, it seems that DSP hasn't given her much to do. Damn you DSP! Our Nicole needs attention too! Don't always focus on Hara and Gyuri. If you're going to do that, what's the point in having the other three in KARA? It's no wonder why SS501 disbanded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree that DSP is playing favorites! Nicole is better off in another agency.

    ReplyDelete