Saturday, May 11, 2013

[Interview] TV Life: Nicole


Theme: Cooking

Addicted to Making Jam!

Nicole, the member in KARA who knows the most about cooking. Even though I cook a lot, I’m actually not very good at it!

Q: What is your favorite Japanese movie?
A: I recently watched “Calmi Cuori Appassionati” and it was really good. I’ve come to realize that love is largely about pride and timing. This movie made me think a lot.

Q: Introduce your dogs
A: My dogs love skinship and they always love to stick to people. I have one male and one female dog. The female one is the type who wants to be loved by everyone. (laughs) But the male one only likes to stick to me.

Q: Tell us your favorite Japanese phrase!
A: I like the phrase “suki dayo”. Not “suki” but “suki dayo”! (※ Note: “Suki” means “I like you”. She’s emphasizing on the way the the phrase is said.) Whenever I watch dramas and hear that phrase, I’ll think to myself, “I want to be told that too~” (laughs)

Q: A message for girls who look up to KARA!
A: The most important thing for girls is to believe in yourself! I believe that you will be able to shine if you have confidence. If you don’t have confidence, work hard towards being stylish or find a job that you have a passion for!

I’ve always liked to cook but only became addicted to it two years ago, I think? I look for recipes on the internet a lot but it’s also fun to add your own personal touch to them! My specialities are Korean stew (jjiggae) and fried rice. I like to make omelette rice (omurice) and Japanese curry too. My mom is great at cooking as well, she cooks delicious mackerel and steak (galbi) but I’m still not able to cook them as well as my mom. (laughs) My latest addiction is jam, and I have been eating it everyday. I make all sorts of jam, strawberry, mango and peach etc.

If I meet someone I like, I want to make a bento for him! If I secretly put the bento into his bag, he will think of me when he sees it right? (laughs) The bento will contain toast, jam and ham, and what kind of sweets should I put in? Cookies or brownie or cake? I want to make his favorite food for him.

Even for a person like me who loves to cook, there are some things that I can’t do… That is to slice a fish. I get scared when I look at its eyes! It looks like it’s saying to me, “I’m dead because of you…”. (laughs) In order to increase the variety of dishes that I can make, I want to be able to slice a fish… Ah~ As expected, I can’t do it! (laughs)

+++

Photo credits: MYMT_A (via ournikori.blogspot.sg)
Translation: melllllly@tumblr / _breakit@twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment