Tuesday, January 14, 2014

[News] Nicole reveals her thoughts on leaving KARA

She said, "I can't express it in words.  When I look back, KARA was everything to me.  I first held the mic as a KARA member in my teens and was well-received as KARA in my 20s.  And... during that long time period, I think there were a lot of stories created while being in KARA.  There were a lot of happy moments and thankful moments.  I started my entertainment career as a member of KARA and got my name out there, so I'm going to hold onto that pride and pursue future promotions."

It dawned on her that she might really leave KARA when she performed on stage with them and thought how it might be the last time--particularly when the girls were performing for the three year-end music specials.  Nicole said, "I told myself to calm down afterwards, but tears kept falling.  I knew it, but it was hard to accept it." 

Nicole then talked about the other members, "Truthfully, many things happened while I was with the members for 7-8 years.  Occasionally, it was hard, but I endured and did many things.  All of us equally had a hard time physically and emotionally, but I am so grateful that we always lent our strength to each other.  What each of us does has changed a bit, but let's continue to encourage one another to succeed."


Lastly, she said to fans, "The whole time, the fans have been diligently running with KARA and diligently giving support.  However, I always felt sorry because I was lacking and undeserving of that support.  Still, they supported me without change so I thought I had to do better.  In the past, even when I was having a hard time physically and mentally, all of that intriguingly disappeared once I met with the fans.  It made me think that this was why I liked singing and dancing."

Yesterday was also Hara's birthday while January 18 is Jiyoung's so it appears they will celebrate together as one group for the last time before Nicole goes her separate way and leaves for America to pursue further training as a singer and dancer.
src| AK

The original article stated that Nicole and the others met actually the day before this news came out.

5 comments:

  1. Sigh I really hope the girls had one last day together..they def deserve it for all the trials and tribulations they went through

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read this. A little part of me just died inside. I still wish Our Nikori all the best. I'll probably run into her someday since I live in her hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Nicole will be officially going to America or is it just rumored?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole never said it herself, not even in her interview. Lots of articles saying that information is from those around her. We'll see!

      Delete
  4. "...Kara was everything to me..." and I believe Kara IS still everything to her. It's just quite disappointing how things played out in the end.

    ReplyDelete