Saturday, December 3, 2011

[Translations] KARA's JELLY Magazine Interview (Jan 2012)

Tell us about an episode related to Christmas!


When I was young, on Christmas, I put these cookies I really love near my pillow, but Santa Clause didn’t noticed it (tears)!  - Nicole




Cole lol.



GIRLS TALK WITH KARA
Super girl group KARA who represents South Korea!! They are soon to be releasing their 2nd album, filled with songs that gained many interests in Japan as well! KARA is getting much attention right now and they told us about girls’ talks including new songs, fashion, beauty, and Christmas memories!

Straight-forward interview with KARA!!
About fashion they are interested in or about their beauty secrets, the Korean Idols focus on “right now/ present”

[Gyuri]

Q1. What is a fashion style that you like recently?
Tops that are bit rough and a little big and matching it with tight bottoms
Q2. What is a beauty tip you use in order to keep your skin clear?
Face packs are must at least once a week.
Q3. What is a must have item that you always carry in your purse?
Mirror, lip balm, Spray that removes swollenness in the face, and a MP3 player
Q4. A diet method you recommend?
Go to the gym for exercising. A balance between food diet and exercise is the key to go on a diet for a long time!
Q5. What type of men do you like?
I like type of men who leads me enthusiastically. Person who reveals a different side, compared to his typical side, only to me. Among Japanese celebrities, Fukuyama Masaharu san.
Q6. Tell us about an episode related to Christmas!
After debuting, I was busy so I couldn’t spend much romantic Christmas, so if I am able to go somewhere, I want to go to a beach or a far away church where there are not many people.

[Seungyeon]
Q1. What is a fashion style that you like recently?
Recently I wear poncho-like silhouettes or Knitted clothes or cardigans because I like them.
Q2. What is a beauty tip you use in order to keep your skin clear?
Go to Estee Lauder, avoid using too much skincare, and I’m trying to use medications from the dermatology that knows well about my skin.
Q3. What is a must have item that you always carry in your purse?
Oil-absorbing sheets and a lip balm. Goryeo ginseng drink that I drink when I’m very tired.
Q4. A diet method you recommend?
Make sure to avoid getting too stressed! No overeating or overdrinking!
Q5. What type of men do you like?
Person with a beautiful face who is gentle yet strong. Korea’s actor Kang Dongwon ssi is my type.
Q6. Tell us about an episode related to Christmas!
One time, I moved on Christmas Day. The lights weren’t working yet and in that room I/we celebrated Christmas with a small cake and a candle. It was romantic. When on a date, I want to ride the train and go to see a ocean during the winter!

[Nicole]
Q1. What is a fashion style that you like recently?
High-waist skirts with a cardigan, and flat shoes that are feminine style
Q2. What is a beauty tip you use in order to keep your skin clear?
When I come home, I immediately remove my make up! I am the type where under eye circles appear easily so I never forget about under-eye packs!
Q3. What is a must have item that you always carry in your purse?
A wallet, lip balm, iphone, and a Polaroid camera
Q4. A diet method you recommend?
Avoid eating rice, bread, and white sugar and instead focus on healthy eating style
Q5. What type of men do you like?
A manly man. Person who has a cute smile when laughing. I like Mizushima Hiro san among Japanese celebrities!
Q6. Tell us about an episode related to Christmas!
When I was young, on Christmas, I put these cookies I really love near my pillow, but Santa Clause didn’t noticed it (tears)!

[Hara]
Q1. What is a fashion style that you like recently?
Color mixing style. I like unique fashion, so I like clothes that are a little fancy that I wear for photoshoots!
Q2. What is a beauty tip you use in order to keep your skin clear?
Drink Collagens. Drink it before going to bed and it creates a difference!
Q3. What is a must have item that you always carry in your purse?
An ipad, candies, hand cream, and I always carry MP3 because I listen to Korean songs.
Q4. A diet method you recommend?
Aloes have few calories and are good for the body so I eat a lot of those.
Q5. What type of men do you like?
A hardworking and responsible person. I am the type of girl who develop feelings for someone as I
talk to someone a lot so I don’t really care for looks.
Q6. Tell us about an episode related to Christmas!
It’s an annual event for me where I give presents to my friends in little socks!

[Jiyoung]
Q1. What is a fashion style that you like recently?
After I cut my hair, I began to like hats, so I wear hats often these days.
Q2. What is a beauty tip you use in order to keep your skin clear?
Before an important shoot, a sheet pack is a must. And my face gets swollen easily so I avoid salty food.
Q3. What is a must have item that you always carry in your purse?
Hand cream, lip balm, and perfume
Q4. A diet method you recommend?
When you want to eat, eat but make sure to exercise, don’t try to hold back (on eating)!
Q5. What type of men do you like?
I like funny people! Cremesichu Wooeda san I think is very funny!
Q6. Tell us about an episode related to Christmas!
I have always yearned for White Christmas. There was once when I experienced White Christmas when I was young. During that time, I remember being excited and making a little snow man!


What is your opinion on Japanese women’s fashion?
Jiyoung: I like it! Because I like a little boyish style, I really like these type of styles! (looking at JELLY magazine)
Hara: I like Japanese women’s style too! Especially I think it’s cool how they take risks toward fashion. They emphasize on their individual uniqueness, freely enjoy fashion, and wear clothes confidently, which I really like!

Have you been to the Shibuya 109 mall?
All: Yes!
Jiyoung: When I first went, I was surprised that there were many feminine clothes that are lacey and frilly! Because in Korea, not a lot of cute clothes that college people wear are sold.
Gyuri: Among Korean women, most wear simple style, so when I shop in Japan I often buy unique accessories.

What kind of fashion is popular in Korea?

Jiyoung: A long top with short bottoms that peeks a little are trending in Korea! When you first see it, it looks like you are not wearing any pants…
Hara: Every Korean women’s role model is an actress named Kim Minhee. I like her too.

What do Korean women do when they hang out?
Seungyeon: I think Japanese women will like this too, in Korea many women go to the karaoke often too. A difference than in Japan is that trot songs are sung a lot! Trot songs where the tempo is a bit fast is the trend in Korea, so when you sing it, the atmosphere gets lively! (laughs)
Nicole: And Korean women eat a lot! Eat lunch, eat desert, watch a movie, go to the café again, eat again for dinner!! (laughs)
Gyuri: True. In Korea when you drink tea, a cake is always a must♥

Lastly, tell us about the new album which is released on November 23rd
Gyuri: Well for this winter I really recommend !! It’s perfect for this season, and it is a good song to listen to as a Christmas song. Good to listen to with your lover and to sing in the karaoke!
All: That’s a good idea!!
Hara: For sure have really good lyrics. So when you listen to it, I wish people would pay attention well to the lyrics! It has a winter vibe and gives you that feeling of when your heart pounds or that feeling of when you are going to meet the person you like…. Anyway it’s good!
Nicole: To represent girls’ feelings, is good too~! We recorded this some time ago and is a lighter mood ballad, and has cute lyrics that represents a girl’s pretty feelings. We wish you guys can relate to it!
Seungyeon: That’s right! has a ballad that represents girls’ feelings and also all the hit songs that we promoted in Japan are included, and 3 new songs that has been never revealed before so we think it is a very full album!
Jiyoung: Please look forward to , which has great variety just by one CD!
Everybody: Please look forward to it!! (laugh)


Korean Translation: 정step('0')
English Translation: sysbittersweet @ Karaholic
Do Not Take without Credit !!

1 comment:

  1. NewMcCuts:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRKVLiVPUfs&feature=g-all&list=PLE74FA2DB86A12CB2

    ReplyDelete