Thursday, July 19, 2012

[News] KARA’s Gyuri and Nicole open up about the difficulties of becoming an idol

KARA members Nicole and Gyuri recently participated in a shoot for an upcoming episode of KBS2‘s ‘Do Dream‘ and opened up about the hardships of being an idol star.

Gyuri began, “Before my debut, I was getting ready to sign with one agency and I went with my parents to review the contract. But with the contract, they also prepared an estimate for plastic surgery and said that I would not be able to debut if I did not get work done on my face.”

“I was so upset that they were saying this in front of my parents who gave birth to me,” Gyuri continued. “And after I debuted later with KARA, because I look more mature compared to the other members, a lot of people asked why I was in the group and I lost a lot of confidence.”

Fellow member Nicole then shared, “I began learning Japanese about two years ago, and it was so hard to learn another foreign language especially when being taught in Korean, which I was already struggling with. In Japan, I was afraid I would make a mistake while speaking or lose my flow, so I would just not talk all together.”

Check out their full story on the episode airing on July 21st at 10:25PM KST.

Source & Image : SportsSeoul via Nate
Taken from All KPOP

No comments:

Post a Comment