Monday, December 5, 2011

[News] 11.12.06. Kara’s Nicole shows off new charms in the movie My Way




Kara’s Nicole is creating a stir by making a special appearance on the movie My Way(directed by Kang Jae Kyu, and produced by Directors)

Director Kang returned after a seven year hiatus, and casted Jang Dong Gun, Odagiri Joe, and Fan Bing Bing. The movie My Way is about two young adults: one from Joseon and one from Japan that live through a war and become hope for each other.


Nicole appears in the scene as a press guide at a press conference of Athletics Federations when Jong Dae(Kim In Gwon) finds out that Joon Sik (Jang Dong Gun) is the legendary marathon runner Son Gi Jung. Director Kang Jae Gyu casted Nicole for the movie.

In the movie, Nicole showed another side of herself by wearing a formal dress and smiling shyly that contrasted with her usual cute and fancy image on stage. She left a strong impression by acting with Kim In Gwon.
Nicole revealed, “I was really nervous and was worried if I could do this, but the shooting was held in such a friendly atmosphere. Especially, Kim In Gwon senior actor taught me how to act in detail. I’m really looking forward to the movie. The story is so touching. Please give lots of attention to the movie when it premieres.”


Currently, My Way is on its post-production stage and will premiere on December 22.

Source: Korea.com
Director Kang Je Gyu, who has close relations with Nicole, asked her to make a cameo in the film. Nicole’s role is that of a athletics federation press information clerk. Nicole makes her appearance in the scene in which Chosun’s marathon hero Son Ki Jung enters on Jun Shik‘s (Jang Dong Gun) rickshaw. Apart from Nicole’s cute appearance that she has shown through the stage, Nicole shows a completely different side to her as she looks more mature dressed in a business suit.

Nicole said, “I was so nervous that I wondered whether or not I could do it. But the atmosphere of the film site was very happy so I was comfortable. In particular, Kim In Kwon sunbaenim taught me what to do in detail up to every hand gesture. I was so thankful.

Meanwhile, KARA has been gaining momentous popularity in Japan with their album Super Girl‘ breaking records. “My Way” will make its way to theaters across Korea on December 22nd and will open in Japan in January of 2012. As a key member in the Hallyu phenomenon, Nicole’s cameo will add on to what the movie has to offer.
cr: Allkpop

2 comments:

  1. I saw the trailer and it showed the press conference scene with 2 guides standing. I could barely recognize them but now for sure i know one of them is her. Cole fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "She left a strong impression by acting with Kim In Gwon."

    ^^ this gives me hopes of more meatier acting roles in the future. :)
    Very proud of our bby .. hope this will open up more 'doors' for her coz I sure as don't feel DSP's been particularly generous with Cole lately. no matter, Corii hwaitinggg! :)

    ReplyDelete