Tuesday, August 10, 2010

[blab] Response.

This is in response to THIS blog entry. I felt I had to reply :)

I must admit their vocals aren’t that strong. To me only Seungyeon & Gyuri can sing.

Nicole can sing.. she's actually done the most solo work singing wise. If girl can't sing.. why is it usually Nicole singing the solos for LIVE radio *shrugs*


DSP can still see talent and I read Rainbow’s been training even before Kara started training themselves and that their leader turned down being in Kara because she wanted to strength herself more.

I don't think it was bad that GyulHamSeungCole wanted to debut. They felt they were prepared and DSP thought they were good enough to debut. They worked just as hard. 

Now I’m not saying one is more talented then the other, but I can see why DSP puts more effort into Rainbow then they do Kara. Their giving the girls their due and besides of course a dorm be bigger. They have 7 members and in the end Kara got a new dorm too.
 So KARA didn't deserve to have a nice dorm either? KARA worked their butts off (literally) bringing in the $ $ $.. but KARA and their fans didn't know if KARA were ever to get their due. That was fans worrying out loud. Besides, KARA are the sunbaes, they should get just as nice a place.

I wish more Kamilia give Rainbow a chance. I’m starting to warm up to them and their fans seem to respect Kara fans, but not the other way around. That saddens me. I recently saw Rainbow’s forum wish Kara well and Kara’s forum basically ignored replying to them. As Kamilia we should be respectful to all our family.
 As a KARA from debut fan ( I know i've mentioned that constantly lol, but I want people to know where I'm coming from ), Kamilia have been brought up to only care about KARA. They were the ones that had KARA's backs when it seemed like DSP wanted to shove them off a cliff. The only ones keeping the member's hopes up when their situation seemed dire.  KARA were on their own since debut, not much networking with SS501.

Kamilia are watching out for KARA, when Rainbow debuted, KARA weren't necessarily safe yet in KPOP. So some of us felt they were a threat to KARA, DSP hadn't gotten the job done yet but they felt the need to bring in another group that was similar to KARA. It was more of a management worry than hate for a group fans had little to no knowledge of. Of course fans were wondering what was going on, they had a right. The KARA members didn't seem to know their members that well.. if they did it might have helped ease tensions.

I'm sure the KARA members are good sunbaes to Rainbow. But KARA members were also brought up work on their own, with no other label mates . DSP doesn't make it a priority to mix the groups or their fandoms.

The part about the twitter part, it's not personal. We just go there to tweet out KARA updates, don't use for anything else much.

Those are my thoughts :D

6 comments:

  1. Nicole can sing hehe one of the reason she's my favorite after all is cos I like how she sings. But bias aside, I think GyulHamCole are the core singers of Kara right now and I don't know why a lot of fans and nonfans alike think that Cole is not a good singer >_< About Rainbow, I admit I was a bit threatened with them when they came out cos they will be competition to Kara, it's not their fault or anything but as you said Kara's been working alone and Kamilias who helps them a lot, but I guess the reason why I can't get to like them that much is cos there's no interaction with the Rainbow members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its funny how that person had to start his/her essay with "i'm a big kamilia ..."..its like those commenters in allkpop saying " i love Kara but..... or "i like kara too but....." lol The fact he/she's saying only GyulHam could sing already shows how much he/she knows about Kara XD
    Yep, i agree with you about that Kara fans points of view, then again Rainbow already gotten much love from DSP & SS501 which Kara didn't get..what more their fans want XD
    And about that "respect" thing..i'd say "REALLY???" coz i've seen some Rainbow clips posted by their fans on youtube with such degrading comments about Kara and how Rainbow is more this or that because of their long training..
    Although i hope he/she wrote that blog not just because that "ignored reply" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah blowing off Cole's vocals was very wtfbbq. She consistently does the ad libs for a reason. And as an aside, seriously, if it isn't for Nicole's social networking, Kara would not have the friendly acceptance it has with most other group's fanclubs--the girl's single handedly built bridges with SNSD (Sones LOVE Cole), After School, SHINee, 2AM etc., not that the other girls don't socialize, but she is THE social butterfly. And to think she was once our awkward maknae.

    And I'll straight up admit I didn't like Rainbow until recently for precisely the reasons you listed. They just seemed like unintended threats, and Kara's a group that has had a tough past. I was really put off by that article that said 'Rainbow says they're sexier and more mature than Kara,' but apparently it wasn't from the girls' mouths but instead from DSP (fail again). Now I feel bad due to the misunderstanding, and yes, I do wish Kamilia would be a little warmer to Rainbow if only because they're family. At least I hope no one hates on them like I used to...*feels gultiy*

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said, mae!!!

    i too agree with firewater07 in saying that GyulHamCole are the core singers in Kara. Although with more training, i believe Jiyoung's vocals is coming out nicely too :)
    And Cole has several collabos with other artists, why would those artists team up with Cole if she can't sing well?!

    And the part about 'giving Rainbow their due' ..
    what due?? They've only debuted recently and haven't actually contributed that much profit to DSP.

    What about giving Kara THEIR DUE? They may not hv the most powerful vocals in current kpop but they've managed to churned out hits after hits, generating $$ for DSP - some of which I believe is being channeled to Rainbow's development and maintenance.

    And i'm with kara4life .. i've seen some Rainbow fans being sarcastic and saying that Rainbow will hv better and faster success than Kara. Well, we'll just hv to wait and see, won't we? :)

    As for me, i've tried to like Rainbow but their
    'Gosh-ship Girl' was just not up to my standard - performance-wise and vocal-wise. The infamous "we're better developed and sexier than kara" statement turned me away for good.

    The only one in Rainbow that i feel has a good voice is the maknae.. enuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello mae~
    i do think nicole is Kara singer, i love how she sing in some collaboration and also covering some artist! she did a great job! silly people if they don't recognize nicole talent (anyway don't say yourself fans if you don't know anything about them), and I agree, that jing vocal is come out nicely! she will grow up!! and more confident!!

    and about rainbow, i don't know why but they're still catch on my eyes.
    i mean i like them when they released their gossip girl photo teaser, but when i hear their song, sound so annoying! haha... sorry for a little sacrastic =3
    anyway their comeback on the way, maybe i can eep my eeys on them

    anyway i hope seeing Kara-rainbow collaboration just like SNSD and f(x)

    about rainbow debut, I don't really think they're our kara threat, because i see more sexy appeal on them, and in kara is more mature, sweet, pretty, sexy, cute mix in one group!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have much dictionary in K-Pop and Rainbow has never in it. I've seen their performance and all but have no interest

    For me Cute-Nice is KARA, sexy-cool is AfterSchool. While KARA is the best singer, AfterSchool is the best dancer. It's just that simple :P

    ReplyDelete