Thursday, August 12, 2010

[Interview] KARA Oricon Special Interview


KARA are enjoying immense popularity in the KPop scene and a lot of people are already calling them the no. 1 girl group. Now they are finally debuting in Japan. With the appearance of this superstar group, could this be the beginning of an actual KPop girl group movement in Japan?!

We interviewed Jiyoung, Seungyeon, Gyuri, Hara and Nicole to ask them about their thoughts on their Japan debut.




Living together like on a field trip!?

You're finally making your debut in Japan - how are you feeling right now?
Gyuri: I was really worried in the beginning. But then after we'd had our first showcase at the Akasaka BLITZ in February this year, so many fans came to the opening event for our fanclub in May and we got so much passionate encouragement from everyone.
That support moved me and gave me the confidence that we might become successful if we try really hard. Right now, we want to give our best!
Hara: I was worried if we'd be able to communicate due to the language barrier. But when we came to Japan and talked to Japanese people, I thought: 'Wow, this is fun!' At the moment, I want to speak Japanese more often and study it even more.
What I found very moving was when we had a handshake event in May and a few female fans started crying because they were able to meet us. I want to work harder and give my best.

Please tell us more about your debut song 'Mister'.
Nicole: I loved the song from the first time I heard it. We're also having so much fun when we're practicing the choreography. And all the different parts of the song have cool melodies.
Seungyeon: The filming of the promotion video for it took until 5 in the morning. It's a song that gives everyone so much energy and makes us want to work really hard.

You're all getting along really well, aren't you?
Gyuri: Totally. *laughs* All the five of us live together and it's always like we're on a field trip. We have really big windows in our dorm and sometimes we're doing dance practices while looking at our reflections in the glass.
Hara: We don't have fights or anything. When someone asks if they can borrow someone else's clothes or bags, the other one's like 'sure'. That's the kind of atmosphere among us. We always make sure to return everything in great shape, though. *laughs*
Jiyoung: Nicole's great at cooking and sometimes she makes dinner for all of us. She made two pots of curry the other day because we all love curry.
Seungyeon: We don't have a fixed plan when everyone's supposed to do the cleaning. *Laughs* Everyone takes care of their own space. That's how we handle it.

It looks like you're going to come to Japan more often now.
Jiyoung: That's right! I'm really looking forward to it. I want to work very hard to improve my Japanese. But I'm still going to school in Korea so it's going to be really difficult...
Hara: I want to go shopping in Shibuya again! In Japan, there are tons of clothes that I like.
Gyuri: Every time we're here I say: 'I wish we could stay longer...'

What's your favorite Japanese food?
Seungyeon: Tonkatsu (T/N: pork cutlet). The tonkatsu sandwiches by MAISEN (T/N: convenience food company) are delicious!
Nicole: We all like gyuudon (T/N: rice with beef and vegetables) and curry.
Soba (T/N: dishes with buckwheat noodles) are delicious, too.
Gyuri: Mochi (T/N: sticky rice cake) ice cream. Desserts, candy and cakes are so delicious in Japan.

Is there anything you'd like to do during your time off in Japan?
Gyuri: I like walking around all sorts of places by myself so I'd love to visit Mount Fuji and Hokkaido to go hiking there.
Seungyeon: I saw on the news that you can go to hot springs together with monkeys. I think I'd love to do that. *Laughs*
Nicole: I want to go to Disneyland and spend more time in Harajuku and Shibuya.
Jiyoung: I want to see one of the big displays of fireworks during the summer.
Hara: I'm watching a lot of Japanese TV dramas so I'd love to try and meet Japanese actors or actresses.

We heard that the TV personality Gekidan Hitori is a big KARA fan.
Jiyoung: Every time we want to meet up with him, he keeps avoiding us! *Laughs*
Gyuri: Can't someone tell him we're really grateful? *Laughs*

And now, finally - what's especially charming about KARA?
Gyuri: As a group we're all very open towards other people, we're lively and have a lot of positive energy. We're happy when the people following us receive our energy and gain strength through us.
Source

LOL Sy and monkeys at hot springs?..  Gekidan avoiding KARA? haha.. though I'd be like him too.. if I were to see KARA in real life.. all shy haha.

1 comment:

  1. lol, I could see Gekidan Hitori running off the set after the filming of that one show. Awww, it looks like he's still sticking to being a regular fan.

    Aww, Gekidan should meet them x3

    Gyuri's answers are so leader-like, like the last question for example.

    thanks to whoever translated it ^^

    ReplyDelete