Tuesday, October 5, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!

 

Before I got into KPOP or rather KARA my idea of a Korean girl group member was typical. The sweet, the pretty, the innocence, the perfect type... all of which I knew was a manufactured image.  Then along came KARA and I instantly feel for their tough talking loud blunt style. In KARA, I found Nicole. That weird girl, seems completely at a lost most of the time and always thought about food. Her broken Korean and her timidness let me see a vulnerability in her of which I think everyone could relate too and I think most people would be afraid to show especially in this business. To think about how scary it was for her to make the trip to a "foreign country" and work her butt off while still adjusting to the society (to this day) is something to be admired. Nicole doesn't get enough recognition for her hard work, I guess that's not her image but I wanted to say I recognize it :)  So Happy Birthday Nicole. I know you will have many people congratulating you and maybe you get to see a glimpse of how great you are to others!

1 comment:

  1. mae,

    A very heartfelt and beautiful message for our favourite idol :) Agree with every words and I join you in wishing more happiness and success for Cole in the future.

    She may not be the prettiest and the most popular to others, but to us - she's wonderful inside out. A befitting role model and definitely a talented and cherished entertainer.

    Let's hope that she will acquire all her heart's desires! <3

    ReplyDelete